Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Current Sunday Morning Series:

"I wish I may, I wish I might, have this wish, I wish tonight." When I was younger, I would stare at the sky, recite this poem, and then dream about the most extraordinary things I could ever hope for. It is interesting how the mystery of the sky can spur on thoughts and dreams that seem out of our reach. Yet God used the biggest and brightest of stars to announce something beyond extraordinary. It was the arrival of someone that would change our relationship with him, the one that created these stars, forever.

For the next three weeks we are going to look at the extraordinary things that God did that night that changed ordinary lives forever. Through these stories, we are going to see how God can work through our 'ordinary' lives today and do things better beyond anything we could ever imagine. It is more powerful than a wish. It is following and living for the one that makes these stars shine.

December 5: Mary
December 12: Shepherds
December 19: Wise Men

No comments: